The aims and objectives of this Club shall be as follows:
- To develop and encourage sportsmanship, community spirit, and good fellowship among all participants to the betterment of their physical, mental and social wellbeing.
- To establish a club which enables adults to enjoy playing the game of soccer for recreation.
- To place all playing members, who are in good standing per the Club’s Constitution, on the Club’s Players List.
- To draft all members on the Club’s Players List into teams at the annual draft; such drafting to be carried out by the Team Conveners.
- To disallow team entries.
- To establish transparency of day to day club business by allowing all playing members in good standing to attend regular club executive meetings but who will not be allowed to take part in the meeting unless with the express invitation of the executive. In the event of the need for privacy the club president shall have the option to close the meeting to all non-executive members.
- To maintain transparency, all Club business requiring a vote of the Executive, will be conducted during the regular meetings of the Executive. The Executive may vote on Club business through e-mail with votes being recorded.
The Club shall be composed of members as hereinafter set out, and shall be managed by an Executive Committee as stated in these Articles.
The President shall preside over all meetings of the Executive.
- During an absence of the Discipline Chairman, the President shall appoint a qualified replacement.
- The President can be a signing Officer for the Club.
- The President shall arrange for the presentation of the accounting records and bank statement at the Annual General Meeting.
VICE-PRESIDENT / REGISTRAR:
- During an absence of the President, the Vice-President shall perform the duties of the President.
- The Vice-President can be a signing Officer of the Club.
- The Vice-President shall act as the Club’s Registrar.
- The Registrar, shall chair the Registration Sub-Committee consisting of the treasurer, the waiting list coordinator and each division coordinator (selected from the conveners) and any other support required.
- The registration sub-committee shall manage the replacement player process.
- Monitor the draft(s).
- Maintain a Waiting List of persons interested in playing in the Club.
- The registration committee must approve any alternate financial arrangement for payment of fees.
- The Treasurer shall be responsible and accountable for all financial matters concerning the Club.
- The Treasurer shall keep an up-to-date record of all financial transactions of the Club.
- When requested by the Executive Committee, the Treasurer shall provide a written financial report.
- The treasurer shall keep an up-to-date register of all active members of the club and fee payments.
- The treasurer with the cooperation of the registrar and the conveners will ensure all fees are paid in a timely manner.
- The Treasurer can be a signing Officer of the Club.
- The Secretary shall be responsible for notification of Club meetings.
- The Secretary shall be responsible for Club newsletters.
- The Secretary shall act as recording secretary for all Club meetings.
- The Secretary shall act as custodian of all inactive Club records, files, and financial documents.
- The Secretary can be a signing Officer of the Club.
- The Match Secretary shall be responsible for arranging fixture lists, game schedules and venues.
- The Match Secretary shall be one of the Clubs’ appointees to Sports Groups where necessary and City of Burlington Sports Users groups.
SOCIAL CONVENER :
- The Social Convener shall be responsible for organizing all social activities of the Club under guidance of the Executive Committee.
- The Social Convener may establish a Social Committee with the responsibility of scheduling and organizing such activities.
- Each Team Convener shall be responsible for the selection, operation and control of a recreational Soccer Team comprised of eligible playing members. This includes ensuring all team members get an equal amount of playing time regardless of their grading and fully understands the Aims and Objectives of the BOTSC (Article 2, a&b)
- Team conveners are responsible for reporting player absences notified or otherwise on a weekly basis to a designated individual who will maintain a record of each team’s attendance for executive review prior to the following season’s registration.
- The Masters Convener is responsible for the management of the Thursday morning “Masters Division”. This responsibility includes managing registration of players including collection of registration fees.
- The Communications Coordinator shall be responsible for Club communications such as the Club newsletter.
DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN :
- The Disciplinary Committee Chairman shall chair the Disciplinary Committee.
- The Disciplinary Committee shall maintain a record of all member player offenses and assigned sanctions. EQUIPMENT MANAGER
- The Equipment manager shall consult with the Team Conveners regarding uniform requirements.
- The Equipment Manager shall consult with the Team Conveners regarding equipment requirements ( e.g. nets, ties, pegs, stepladders, corner flags, linesman flags, balls, equipment bags).
- The Equipment Manager shall order uniforms from a supplier approved by the Executive Committee.
- The Equipment Manager shall ensure that uniforms are available by the scheduled “Uniform Day”.
- The Referee Coordinator shall be responsible for the scheduling and payment of Referees for all games played by the Club.
- The Referee Coordinator can be a signing officer for the Club.
- The Sponsorship Chairman shall arrange for a sponsor for each of the teams.
- The Sponsorship Chairman shall liaise with other prospective sponsors who wish to contribute to Club events, but who do not wish to sponsor a particular team.
- The Sponsorship Chairman shall ensure that sponsors contribute the agreed financial amount to the Club.
- The Sponsorship Chairman, in conjunction with the Treasurer, shall provide sponsors with a receipt.
- The Tournament Coordinator shall be responsible for organizing the International Series, the Rowly Bowl, and any other Tournaments approved by the Club.
- The Tournament Coordinator may establish a Committee to assist in the scheduling and organizing of these events.
SPARE BOARD COORDINATOR:
- The Spare Board Coordinator shall be responsible for maintaining regular contact with the waiting list to keep them informed of club events and potential for kick abouts and to coordinate the call up of spare substitute players for regular games.
- The Spare Board Coordinator will maintain a list of actively interested new members as potential replacement players.
The voting procedure at Executive Committee Meetings shall be as follows:
- Each Executive Committee member, with the exception of the Past-President, shall have one vote.
- The Past-President shall have no vote.
- If an individual holds multiple Executive Committee positions, that individual shall have only one vote.
- In order for a motion to be carried, a simple majority vote is required. In the event of a tie, the President shall cast the deciding vote