2019 Player Code of Conduct
The BOTSC is committed
- To develop and encourage the sportsmanship, community spirit, and good fellowship among all participants to the betterment of their physical, mental and social well-being.
- To establish a club which enables adults to enjoy playing the game of soccer for recreation in an environment for all participants.
- To discourage aggressive behaviour and reduce the potential where players can be injured.
It is extremely important that I as a player in the BOTSC, am also committed to making a difference in stopping and preventing aggressive behaviour.
- I shall not engage in foul and abusive language directly or indirectly at referees, players, teammates or spectators, on or off the soccer fields.
- I will play without unnecessary aggression, and with no intent to injure another player or without undue care to prevent injury to other players.
- I will do whatever necessary to calm down my teammates and avoid escalation of aggressive behaviour. I will follow instructions from my team convener or captain.
- I agree to support my team convener in enforcing the rules and player Code of Conduct established by the club.
- I agree to walk away and not argue any calls with the referee.
- I agree to let the referee call the game and will refrain from shouting for calls.
- I will respect the park facilities and the neighbourhood in and around the soccer field(s) and will not participate in any littering in the parks where BOTSC is operating.
- I will not engage in drinking alcoholic beverages at the park.
- I will obey all smoking regulations associated with the park(s) where we have permits with the city.
- I understand discrimination against a person or group of people on account of ethnic origin, gender or gender identity; language, religion or creed, politics or any other reason is strictly prohibited and punishable by suspension or expulsion. I am opposed to any form of discrimination; it offends the Club’s core values, which include a commitment to inclusion, equal opportunity and fair play.
As a condition to be eligible in playing soccer for BOTSC, I agree to honour the player Code of Conduct. I further understand that a violation of the Code of Conduct establishes grounds for suspension and/or expulsion.